Hello friends, it’s time to part with this bicycle. There is nothing wrong with the bike, and everything is mechanically sound as far as I know. It isn’t the cleanest of bikes, as it probably sat outside quite a bit in its former life as a factory bike at an aluminum mill. But it boasts many new parts and has been optimized for city riding and utility use.
This circa 1996 Schwinn Heavy Duti is a “one-size” deal that should fit folks from 5’3″ to 6′. (I’m 5’8″.) This cantilever style frame was used for about five years at a mill in Longview, Washington and shows evidence of its “fleet bike” youth in the nameplate on rear seatstays and rear fender. It is by no means a lightweight bike!
- 26 inch wheels (559) currently sporting plump Schwalbe Fat Frank tires (60-559)
- Front Wald basket and rear rack with “rat trap”
- Fork came off of an ’80s mountain bike to allow for canti brakes
- Rear wheel laced around a Sturmey-Archer three speed XRD-3 hub with drum brake
- Chromoly bullmoose handlebars with Ergon grips
- ABUS cafe lock on rear wheel, comes with integrated chain
- Rear rack mounted Spanninga tail light
Basically this bike is ready to go for in town adventures–you just need to provide a front light and a bell!
I’m asking $250 or best offer. If you pay the full $250, you will get added on free of charge either a new Society of Three Speeds membership kit or registration for the 2022 Midnite Bicycle League! (And remember, you can gift either.)
Not shipping at this point. Buyer must come to North Tabor neighborhood in Portland, Oregon to test out and pick up. Cash or PayPal.
Feel free to let me know if you have questions. If you are interested, get in touch directly:
Some photos below or click here: