UPDATE 16 JUNE 2021: This bike has been SOLD.
Hello friends. After almost nine years of service, it is time for me to sell my Raleigh Crested Butte.
This Crested Butte dates from 1984, one of the early American production mountain bikes. It was designed to be a “top of the line” offering by Raleigh, featuring full cromoly frame and all the fixings. The geometry of the bike is slack, much slacker than the mountain bikes that would follow. While little of the bike is original, it is still in overall good shape, though the frame definitely has nicks and scrapes.
The bike has been kept in good repair and is “all dressed” for commuting and city riding. All you’ll need is a front light (not included) and a lock (also, not included) and you’ll be ready for adventure!
- Top tube length: 22 in
- Down tube length: 18 in
- Standover height with current tires: 30 in
- I’m 5’8″ but this bike would better fit someone shorter, down to perhaps 5’4″.
- Kalloy stem and Nitto Bosco bars
- Wald basket
- “Huffy” branded leather saddle (yes, Huffy!) (sort of like a B17)
- Schwalbe Big Ben 26″ x 2.35″ tires, in terra cotta. Still have some life left
- SKS fenders
- Spanninga Pixeo rear light
- Generic bottle cage
- Tektro brake levers and V-brakes
- Sun-Race shifters
- 2 x 6 drivetrain. Sugino 40-26 chainring, six speed generic freewheel (highest tooth 28)
- Front derailleur Shimano Deore circa 1984 (original to bike)
- Rear derailleur Shimano Acera (modern)
- MKS “bear trap” pedals (original to bike)
I am asking $300 for this bike. I will entertain reasonable offers.
I love to hear from you! Please note that all comments are manually moderated. I usually approve comments within 48 hours.