As I’ve said before, it doesn’t snow much here, but it does snow. And I have written about it before! So get yourself a cup o’ hot cocoa, curl up, and check out these reports from the depths of this blog.
- From December 2005 (!) an unexpected snow and its aftermath.
- Another surprise snow in December 2009, which snarled things up as bad as what we got on Wednesday.
- On New Year’s 2011, we rode out to Stub Stewart for cabin camping. There was snow up there. It was nice.
- A little bit in January of 2012.
- Winter 2014 was one of the coldest/snowiest I experienced here (and right on schedule, because every fifth winter is “bad”.) In December 2013 I did a little snow biking. The big storm was 6-9 February 2014. It was fun until it wasn’t.
- From January of this year, yet another surprise snow. (Do you sense a theme?)
And a comic for Bicycle Times about snow biking in December 2013.
A plea to the people of Portland: Stop using Snowpocalypse every damn time it snows here.