Up for sale is my 1984 Raleigh Crested Butte. It was the first year that Raleigh of America made true mountain bikes, and has a lot of the hallmarks of early production mountain bikes, like relaxed geometry and Deore components. Its slack geometry (68 degree angles) don’t make it a great bike for “real” mountain bikes these days, it is great for commuting and riding around town.
- Frame size: 19″ (Please note: Due to its old-school frame geometry, it’s not going to fit the same as a modern 19″ mountain bike.)
- Standover height: 29″
- Drivetrain: 46-36-26 in front, six speed 11-32 in rear. Takagi Tourney crankset (mostly, the non-drive crank has been replaced.) Shimano Deore “deerhead” front and rear derailleurs. Shimano Deore shifters.
- Wheels: “Raleigh Sealed Bearing” hubs laced to Araya 26″ x 1.75″ aluminum rims.
- Tires: Continental Retro Ride in Brown, 26″ x 2.0″ (50-559)
- Fenders: Planet Bike Cascadia
- Brakes: Shimano Deore cantilever
- Levers: Shimano Deore
- Handlebars: Civia Dupont
I’m asking $250 for this bike. Available for purchase in the Woodlawn neighborhood of NE Portland.
Also available are Suntour XC-II beartrap pedals that go with the bike for $75. Original bullmoose handlebars available on request.