UPDATE 29 October 2014: This bike has been SOLD.
Yes, yes, the thinning of the herd continues, and I’ve decided to part with my Bridgestone XO-3. I’ve had it for a year and a half, have had fun with it, done a lot with/to it, but it’s time to move on, and sell it while it’s still in a “really good” state. This bike is ready for all-season commuting, touring, and adventuring.
Here are the pertinent deets:
- 1992 Bridgestone XO-3
- Size: 57 cm
- Cro-moly fork/main triangle, hi-ten stays
- 700C wheels. Front is a newish Quality Wheels one, rear a custom built one on a CR-18 rim
- Schwalbe Little Big Ben 700x40C tires in brown! Bought early in summer. Good stout tires with plenty of life. Haven’t flatted yet.
- Overhauled and updated drivetrain! Wide range double in front (46-26) with a seven-speed (13-34) in rear. New Shimano Acera rear derailleur. Gives you a gear range from about a 97 inch high to a 21 inch low. Good for climbing!
- Nitto Mustache handlebars with Nitto Dirt Drop Stem.
- New-ish Shimano Deore linear-pull brakes.
- Avocet Touring II leather saddle.
- SKS fenders.
- And the biggie: full dynamo lighting! An AXA HR bottle dynamo powering a B+M headlamp and taillamp. Never worry about batteries again!