Yes, it’s been a quiet week n’ a half on Ye Olde Blog. But my life has been anything but quiet. I’ve been so busy that I haven’t had a good chance to blog. So here’s a quick run-down on things that have happened since the last time I spoke with youse.
- I never did end up going on that camping trip last Tuesday night. Which was sort of a good thing: it gave me time to give attention to some ignored deadline stuff, and that Tuesday night it absolutely poured. It would have been a soggy night at camp.
- I still did manage to get in a good ride last week, a 50 mile loop that took in the Springwater Corridor and Powell Butte. I should be writing about that adventure soon.
- Sunday saw our annual Tweed Ride, which I was a semi-organizer. The weather was great: sunny and 70F, no excuse to not show up. (The last few rides have been quite wet.) But of course, 70F (21C to you) is just a wee bit too nice to wear my nice but heavy Harris Tweed jacket, so I just pretended it was a seersucker social instead. We had about 150 people total and we wound our way from Peninsula Park in North Portland to Old Portland Architecture in inner NE.
- On Tuesday I helped pick the designer of this year’s Pedalpalooza poster. It was a pretty painful process, as we had a lot of good applicants. Many a beer was consumed in the process.
- And tonight (that be Friday) a group of us are driving out to the mouth of the Deschutes River (on the Columbia) just east of The Dalles, camping the night, and then riding the Deschutes River Rail Trail tomorrow, a 32 mile out-and-back that will give me beautiful desert canyon views. I’ve been wanting to do this ride for a few years, but never managed to do it until now. Should be fun!
Hope everyone has a good weekend!