|Wouldn’t you like to get this in the post? Photo rhymeswithbombs|
Yes, finally! The membership to SOCIETY OF THREE SPEEDS is OPEN! You can now order your membership packet and get it delivered to you post-haste via post!
- A membership card with your member number
- Four one inch badges, each with a unique SOTS design. These buttons are currently ONLY available to members. You may elect to purchase more if you want.
- Two weather-resistant stickers measuring 3“ x 1.5“, each with a unique unique SOTS design. These stickers are currently ONLY available to members. You may elect to purchase more if you want.
- A subscription to the Society of Three Speeds email list, where you will be notified of upcoming SOTS events and other items of interest.
- Special discounts on SOTS merchandise.
- Occasional newsletters mailed via post. We hope to accomplish a couple mailings a year. (This may require
- an additional fee to cover postage and printing.)
- Exclusive offers to members.
Do you want to become a member? All you need is to pay the nominal membership fee and abide by the Three Rules of the Society of Three Speeds:
- I will endeavor to promote three speeds as a viable means of transportation.
- I will not denigrate three speed bicycles and will not allow others to disparage these humble bicycles.
- I will ride my three speed bicycle with pride and immense enjoyment. If I have not yet procured a three speed bicycle, I will do my best to obtain one posthaste.
The membership fee for Society of Three Speeds is $10 in the US, $15 rest of world. (Thank you, postal service, for astronomical international postal rates.) But from now until Monday April 7th (by 11:59 PM PDT), you can get three dollars off on membership, so US memberships are $7 and International $12! To join Society of Three Speeds, please go to our membership page.
Hell yeah! *membership paid for*
Shawn, I don't own a three-speed, but I own a bike with a 3-speed SA hub. It's on my Brompton and technically the bike is a 6 speed since there is a two speed derailer. Does this fall within the rules, or would I be looked down upon for trying to use this bike as my "3-speed?
Doug, let me think about it for a minute.
Well, okay. But the next time we're through town, you're buying us some whiskey! 😉
Deal! Look for my membership fee in the mail.
I want to join.
Go to the link to the membership page to join.